Monday, June 18, 2012

Tool #5

I used Animoto to make a video of Pink Piggy Day that would chronicle the events of the day. I tried to edit the video so that the events were in sequential order, but I wasn't able to do so. I'll keep playing with it, but if anyone has suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Also, without purchasing, I couldn't choose a more appropriate song for the video. I liked that there was a choice in the style of the video. I think this would be a fun way to share our classroom happenings with my parents.

Make your own photo slideshow at Animoto.

Next I tried TickaTok, where students can make a variety of different books. The books can then be placed on the bookshelf to be accessed by the students and parents. There are prewritten books for the students to read and then illustrate. There is also an option of deleting the text provided and writing their own stories, which I would encourage during Writer's Workshop. I can definitely see my students using TickaTok, sharing with parents, and tracking the progess they are making throughout the year by reading the books they have placed on the shelves. The books are also available for purchase by the parents. I was not able to embed my book into my blog, however you can follow this link to the site and find my book on the bookshelf. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/#sa-ns_mchannel=rss&ns_source=PublicRSS20-sa

4 comments:

  1. There is a way to move your pictures around so they "appear" in the order that you want them. When you go to animoto, near the top right is a tab for "my videos". It will show you a screen with all of the videos you have made. It will have the title of your video, and then grayscaled will be a gear looking thing. click on that, and it will take you to a page where you can drag the photos around to the order you want them. Let me know if you figure it out!
    CM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your idea of the video of Pink Piggy Day. Kids could use after a field trip to create a video chronicle of their day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute video, Susan! I love your Pink Piggy days in Kinder! Now you can add the tech tools for even more fun. I just added a screencast on embedding in my blog that may be useful.In fact, I used your class book as an example on embedding. Karen J. has one on embedding videos, specifically, on 11 Tools that may be helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a great attitude towards this whole process. I agree Lisa is helpful. The videos for the student's parents look great. I think they will like the opportunity to see what's going on.

    ReplyDelete